Taking an amazing vacation is not a treat reserved only for the very rich. In fact, there are many exceptional budget holiday options that offer excitement, fun, and even luxury.
Even if you aren’t on a tight budget, you may be interested in taking an inexpensive holiday. After all, by paying less for a vacation you will be able to take them more frequently!
Affordable Places to Visit
1. Kuala Lumpur
As far as big cities go, Kuala Lumpur offers all of the excitement of Tokyo or Paris, at just a fraction of the cost.
Why so cheap? A combination of undervalued currency, low inflation rates, and subsidized oil costs keep prices down and tourism up.
This inexpensive travel secret won’t remain so for long, so get there while you can. With a romantic language, unbeatable cuisine, and tropical climate, Nicaragua offers all of the perks of popular South American destination without the big costs.
Why so cheap? Until recently Nicaragua was the sight of dangerous unrest, but is slowly gaining tourist’s favour now that political stability has been established.
If you are looking for the history of Greece and the ancient ruins of Rome, you’ll find plenty of both, at a fraction of the cost, in Turkey. Not to mention Turkey’s own claim to fame, the Grand Bazaar.
Why so cheap? Blame it on a historical preference for Greece that keeps Turkey the slightly less popular, and therefore a less expensive option.
More Tips For Saving Money
1. Book Last Minute: Most travel companies offer outstanding savings when you book a holiday at the last minute, sometimes you can save 50% or more!
2. Travel with a Group: Often by purchasing multiple packages at once, you will be able to receive a discount from your travel company. Consider organizing a trip for a group of friends or extended family, and save big.
3. Stay Domestic: We often overlook the great holiday destinations within our own country, but domestic travel can be both exciting and inexpensive.
4. Pick the Off Season: By travelling in an off season you will not only save money, but also avoid the crowds. Plus, it may be easier to get time off from work if you holiday at a less popular time.
5. Ask for Discounts: Don’t be afraid to ask if you can have a better price. Although major airlines and travel companies are usually unwilling to barter, foreign hotels and tourist attractions may be able to provide you with a deal.
6. Stay outside Major Cities: Although there are definite benefits to staying right in the centre of the action, you can save money and enjoy unexpected perks by selecting a hotel off the beaten path. For example, by staying in a smaller town outside of the major metropolitan area you will not only pay less for your accommodations, but you will also get to know the local culture outside of the tourist attractions.